We’re excited to announce that AdventureX will return on Sat 19th and Sun 20th November 2016. The UK’s only convention dedicated to narrative-driven gaming will be back in London for a weekend dedicated to interactive fiction; exploration games; visual novels and more. This September, we are running a Kickstarter Campaign to raise funds for the event.
To make sure that AdventureX keeps growing, we have launched a Kickstarter Campaign. AdventureX 2016 will be free for both visitors and exhibitors, so the Kickstarter is a chance for former and future attendees to show their support for the event and receive some rewards including limited edition posters and mystery steam keys.
Exhibitors & Speakers
We can now announce some of the special guests who will be joining us to give talks, speak on panels and exhibit games. We’re very excited to be able to bring together such an interesting array of writers and designers to tackle the big questions of interactive storytelling in 2016.
- Charles Cecil (Managing Director: Revolution Software)
- Alexis Kennedy (Designer & Writer: Sunless Sea, Fallen London – weatherfactory.biz)
- Jan “Poki” Müller-Michaelis (Creative Director: Daedalic Entertainment)
- Rhianna Pratchett (Writer: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Overlord – rhiannapratchett.com)
- Ellie Gibson (Gaming Expert: Dara O Briain’s Go 8 Bit & Podcaster: Scummy Mummies)
- Richard Cobbett (Journalist & Writer: The Long Journey Home – richardcobbett.com)
- Emily Short (Writer: Galatea, Blood & Laurels – emshort.wordpress.com)
- John Walker (Senior Editor: Rock, Paper, Shotgun & Podcaster: Rum Doings)
- Dave Gilbert (Designer & Publisher: Wadjet Eye Games)
We will also be joined by comedian John Robertson performing the critically-acclaimed live-action edition of his YouTube hit The Dark Room (“This is the future of gaming” – Ron Gilbert).
Applications will close shortly after the Kickstarter ends, and we will announce our full schedule in early October.
AdventureX will take place at Goldsmiths University of London in New Cross, South East London. The Venue is a few minutes’ walk from both New Cross Gate and New Cross train stations, and not far from Deptford Bridge DLR Station. For more information visit this page.
In 2016 AdventureX is being led by indie developers Tom Cole (Scheduling) Rebecca McCarthy (Social Media) and Alasdair Beckett-King (Fundraising). AdventureX was founded in 2011 by Mark Lovegrove, owner of development/publishing company Screen 7.
AdventureX is a not-for-profit event. Our Kickstarter campaign is supported by indie developers Fictiorama Studios, Wadjet Eye Games, Rumpus Animation, The Game Kitchen, Skygoblin, Screen7 Games, Adventure Mob, CBE Software, Owl Cave Games and Infamous Quests.